Looking for a home loan but residing overseas? No worries. Axis Bank has got your back with its NRI Home Loan options. Designed to cater to the unique requirements of Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Axis Bank’s NRI Home Loans offer the perfect blend of flexibility and competitive interest rates. This 2023 guide aims to cover all the nuts and bolts of Axis Bank NRI Home Loans—so let's get into it!
The interest rates for Axis Bank NRI Home Loans are in line with their regular home loan scheme, ensuring you don't have to shell out extra just because you're abroad. Depending on your employment status, the rates may vary a bit. Let's break it down:
Axis Bank has an NRI home loan rate that should fit your bill.
Fees and Charges
When it comes to home loans, the devil is often in the details—or in this case, the fees and charges. Axis Bank keeps it transparent, so you know exactly what you're signing up for.
Charge: Up to 1% of the loan amount, minimum being Rs 10,000 + GST
- For Floating Rate Home Loans
- Rate: NIL
- For Fixed Rate Home Loans
- Rate: 2% of the outstanding principal or the amount prepaid
- Duplicate Statement issuance: Rs 250 per instance
- Cheque/Instrument Swap: Rs 500 per instance
- Duplicate Amortization Schedule issuance: Rs 250 per instance
- Document Copy Charges: Rs 500 per set
- CERSAI Charges: Rs 50 for loans up to Rs 5 lakhs, Rs 100 for loans above Rs 5 lakhs
Table of Fees and Charges
Types of Axis Bank NRI Home Loans
NRI Home Loan
- Purpose: Perfect for buying flats, houses, plots, or even for home construction and repair.
- Loan Amount: Up to 90% of the property value
- Repayment Tenure: Up to 25 years
Loan to Value Ratio
- Loans up to Rs 30 lakh: 90%
- Loans above Rs 30 lakh and up to Rs 75 lakh: 80%
- Loans above Rs 75 lakh: 75%
Axis Bank NRI Top-up Home Loan
- Purpose: Need extra funds? This top-up loan is for construction or meeting various personal or business needs.
- Loan Amount: Up to Rs 50 Lakh
- Repayment Tenure: Up to 25 years
Axis Bank Home Loan for Self-employed NRIs
- Purpose: Specifically designed for self-employed NRIs looking to buy or construct residential properties.
- Loan Amount: Rs 20 Lakh to Rs 50 Lakh, with a minimum property cost of Rs 30 lakh
Repayment Tenure: Up to 15 years
Knowing if you fit the bill for an NRI Home Loan can save you a lot of time and hassle. Here's the rundown on the Axis Bank NRI Home Loan eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), but excluding citizens of certain countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.
- Age Limit: Must be at least 24 years old and not more than 60 years at the time of loan maturity.
- Work Experience: A total of 2 years' work experience, with at least 6 months of it being overseas.
- For GCC Countries: Minimum net monthly income of AED 6000 or equivalent.
- For USA and Other Countries: Minimum net monthly income of USD 3000 or equivalent.
- For Merchant Navy: USD 2000 per month for 9 months.
Special Criteria for Axis Bank NRI Top-up Home Loan
- The NRI should own the property either individually or in joint ownership.
- Clear repayment history with not more than 1 EMI bounce within the last year.
For Self-Employed NRIs
- Work experience of at least 5 years, 3 of which should be in a single country.
- Must have an operative overseas account and an NRE/NRO account for at least 1 year.
Paperwork might be a drag, but it's essential. Axis Bank requires the following documents for its NRI Home Loan applications:
- Application form and PAN Card
- Identity proof: Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID, etc.
- Address proof: Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, etc.
Financial and Income Proof
- For salaried: Latest 3 months' pay slips, Form 16 for 2 years, or bank statements showing salary credits.
- For NRI salaried: Overseas credit report, valid OCI card, international salary account statements for 6 months, etc.
- For self-employed: Income tax returns, balance sheet, bank statements, etc.
- Loan agreement and annexures
- Property documents as per the type of transaction
- Receipts of own contribution
- NACH/SI mandate and Security Cheques
- Loan cover or insurance details
- Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) documents
How to Apply for Axis Bank NRI Home Loan
Applying for an Axis Bank NRI Home Loan is a straightforward process but does require some preparation. Here’s how you can go about it:
- Check Eligibility: Before you apply, make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria. This includes age, employment type, and minimum income requirements.
- Gather Required Documents: Prepare all the documents listed under the 'Axis Bank NRI Home Loan Documents Required' section. This would generally include your identity proof, address proof, and income proof among others.
- Online Application: Visit the Axis Bank website and navigate to the home loan section. You can start your application process online. You’ll need to fill in details and upload necessary documents. Here's the application form to get started.
- Offline Application: Alternatively, you can visit the nearest Axis Bank branch or contact a loan agent for an in-person application process.
- Loan Assessment: After your application is submitted, the bank assesses your eligibility, property details, and other factors before approving the loan.
- Approval and Disbursement: Once approved, you will be given a sanction letter. Upon acceptance, the loan amount will be disbursed as per the agreement terms.
Axis Bank's NRI Home Loan offers a comprehensive suite of features tailored for Non-Resident Indians looking to invest in property back home. With competitive interest rates and flexible repayment options, it's a strong choice for overseas residents. With this guide, you now have all the information you need to make an informed decision about Axis Bank NRI Home Loans.